Multi-Terminal Gate Oxide Reliability (MTTDDB)
The Multi-Terminal TDDB (MTTDDB) Application Module is used for testing gate oxide structures, including 4-terminal MOSFETs with thick gate, thin gates, ultra thin gates and high-k metal gate stacks.
The MTTDDB Application Software includes the following test algorithms:
- MTTDDB - constant voltage experiment on 4-terminal structures, bias on gate and drain, monitoring stress leakage current changes under elevated voltage and temperature stress. Optionally, periodically interrupt the stress to perform low voltage gate leakage and detailed transistor measurements, which in this way can be used as a more detailed SILC experiment or even as a low cost HCI/BTI system.
- During stress, the system monitors gate and drain currents.
- During characterization, the system can measure:
- Ig at up to 3 use condition voltages
- Vt (extrapolated, ASTM, FixedLin and FixedSat)
- Characterization curves:
- Id vs. Vgs at up to 5 Vds values
- Ig vs. Vgs at up to 5 Vds values
- gmLin vs. Vgs
- gmSat vs. Vgs